Thursday, June 2, 2011

Preschool Fun

Hey guys! So I thought I would post a few fun preschool/crafting ideas that I stole from other mommy blogs. You know me ... I love to pass on fun craft ideas! :) Here is a glimpse of some of our current favs:

Muffin Tin Painting.

Yup yup, just like it sounds. Flip a muffin tin over, paint the circles then press a piece of paper on top to "stamp" the paint. We wanted a bit more fun with this paper so Molly did some doodles on it once it dried. I stole this idea from a Red Tri facebook post. If ya'll know me you know that I am OBSESSED with Red Tricycle. If you live in the greater Seattle area & have kids you should be obsessed with Red Tri too. :) Seriously, join their email list. So many fun ideas for kid friendly activities to do around Seattle.



Color Theory

We've done a few versions of the color wheel (and a bunch of color crafts). This version of the color wheel is my favorite. I like how the triangle highlights the primary colors (just a nice visual cue for the kiddo). We talked about cool colors & warm colors but honestly I was happy that Molly remembered what the 3 primary colors are. We put the 3 primary colors on our painting tray & then made a nifty ....




...Color Box!!!!
Super fun craft I stole from Pink and Green Mama. I bought her rainbow art camp lesson book. Molly & I mixed all the colors together (fun way to practice some color theory ... she loved consulting her color wheel to figure out which colors she should mix together). Then when we're bored some afternoons we go on color hunts. We actually really like using our alphabet box (more on that later) to get our colored items from.




Alphabet Box

Okay so we were getting pretty bored with the alphabet. I mean yeah we love our letters and all but honestly it was getting pretty stale. Then I saw an awesome idea on Pink and Green Mama. I know I'm a little obsessed with her as well. Anyways she had this cool ABC box! We bought a box on Amazon (used our free prime shipping ... thank you Amazon Mom). We scrounged up some old scrapbooking letters and slapped them on with some double sided scrapbooking tape & whala! we had an awesome alphabet box. It's now one of our favorite toys.



I put paper lowercare letters (more leftover scrapbooking supplies) in the box along w/ some small items that start with that letter. Most of our small items are Japanese erasers. Molly is obsessed. We've been picking them up on trips to the international district (Molly loves to take "her bus" the "2-5-5". Anyways we've been starting to get a pretty decent collection & I love that we now have a place to store them (and all of our other random tiny toys that we can no longer leave in the toy box thanks to a little guy by the name of Cormac). :) Plus now they are educational toys! But come on we all know my favorite part is the OCD organization. :) We pick a few boxes, dump them out on the table and then try to figure out what box each item belongs in (basically we just practice phonics).







Well there you have it! Those are our favorite preschool crafts this month (and the blogs we steam them from). What are your favorite mommy blogs? I'd loved to get more Christian mommy blogs in my rotation. I find most of my blogs on Ohdeedoh.

No comments: