Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So Blessed!

So for those of you non-parents out there, feeding your kid either in the late night or the early morning is one of the coolest experiences (when you get past the whole "I'd rather be in bed right now feeling"). ;) The house is quiet, your normally very active little baby just wants to be held & cuddled with. I love it (when I'm not totally sleep deprived)! Anyways the other day we got some of that time together & it wasn't too late in the evening so I wasn't in the zoned out stage. Ian was out late so we had the house to ourselves & I had all of the lights dimmed so Molly just had this really soft lighting on her. She was soo beautiful! I actually started crying a little just looking at my baby & realizing how blessed I was to be her mom. She was all nestled up next to me staring at my w/ those big blue Ian eyes. It was a great mom moment. :) So I'm sitting there tearing up at how much I love being the mom of this precious creature & I'm just drinking her in. I mean we have a gorgeous baby! Sometimes we just stare at her. So she gives me this really quizical look. I tell her "it's okay love, Mommy's not sad, Mommy just loves you so much". Then my baby girl starts pooping like nothing else, and loudly! I realized that she wasn't giving me the quizical "what's going on" look, she's giving me the "I'm about to poop like I've never pooped before" look. And she did! So it was a very funny way to end a very precious moment. I guess that's motherhood right? ;)

No comments: