Friday, April 25, 2008

Spa Recipes


So I have been promising these recipes for awhile now & I keep forgetting to post them. :-P The book I got them from (Mom Spa) is due at the library so I decided to finally get these posted before I start getting fined! (I used these for a spa day for my small group girls. It was a huge hit! Can't wait for the repeat.) :)






Lemon Lavender Lift Foot Rub
1/4 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cut sea salt
2 ounces Apricot Kernel Oil
10 drops lemon essential oil
20 drops lavender essential oil
2 Tbsp chopped lemon zest
3 dried lavender buds (seeds removed from twigs)

Apricot Facial Scrub
1 medium apricot
1 Tbsp aloe vera juice
1 Tbsp honey
1 crushed vitamin E capsule
1/2 Tbsp crushed almonds

2-Minute Manicure
1/4 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cup sea salt
2 ounces apricot kernel oil
10 - 15 drops of your favorite essential oil

Other fun things we did:
I put a few drops of essential oil in some cheap non-scented lotion from Whole foods. Mmmm it smelled soo good! Their 365 product line is great!

I soaked some cotton pads in Witch hazel then stuck them in the freezer to chill. Felt great on the eyes & helped relieve my puffy "I haven't slept in days" look that I'm always toting around. :-P

I heated up some washclothes that had a bit of essential oil on them & we draped them over our faces before doing the scrub. Opened up our pores & was so relaxing! (you're supposed to heat them in a rice cooker but I didn't have one)

Next on my list of things to try:

Peachy Face Treatment
1 ripe peach
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp honey
(leave on for 15-20 minutes)

Orange Bath Oil
1 fresh orange (sliced)
2 Tbsp almond oil
10 drops citrus essential oil
(run a hot bath, add the oils & float the orange slices in the water)









No comments: