Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby Blues

So to preface this post I have to say that I adore my life. I love my little baby, I love my husband, and I really enjoy staying at home. However I do get the blues every so often & this past week has been one of those oftens. I'm sure a huge chunk of it is simply sleep deprivation. :-P My adorable little baby has turned into a little terror at night. Lately she's started thrashing around in her sleep & she'll roll over ont her tummy & then wake up screaming b/c she doesn't know how she got there or how to get back. Poor thing. Most of the time I feel sorry for her. I do have to admit there are times when I am just annoyed at her (awful right? I know she's a baby but man it's hard to feel all loving after being woken up multiple times during the night). I was actually really blessed when a bunch of Mars Hill moms told me this is totally normal. Part of me is exhausted from the lack of sleep but I think a huge part of the exhaustion is emotional ... I mean my baby is supposed to be sleeping through the night right? It's so hard as a mom not to feel guilty or stressed when things aren't happening "the way they're supposed to".


So I'm going through a lot of changes right now (kinda goes w/o saying). Through all of these changes my group of friends has drastically changed. I am blessed to have some really cool new friends but I'm in one of those moods lately where I don't want to have to meet new people! :-P Those of you who know me well know how incredibly akward I am around new people ... I never know the right thing to say ... I'm just not an outgoing person & I'm just awkward! Anyways I've just been missing old friends lately. Thankfully though I am about to be surrounded by a bunch of them. :) Can't wait to see you all soon! I just want to be around people who know that I am super goofy & that I have a really odd sense of humor (I think most people always assume that Ian is the goofy one & I'm the super serious spouse). I want someone to just come give me a hug & not have to make small talk. :-P I do have a few of those friends here, it just doesn't seem like that many right now (I left work, our small group split, we had a kid which drastically changed our hanging out patterns ...). Anyways it's probably not the baby blues, it's probably just the blues but whatever. I've just been a little blue lately. Knowing me I'll post some super happy thing tomorrow (my moods never last for long). :-P
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm... so I just realized that I never posted this. So not to suprising but my mood has swung back the other direction again. I'm still awkward around new people, and I still can't wait to see my old friends but I am much more excited about getting to know the new people in my life. I have been richly blessed. I love my old friends & I miss you all tremendously but my new friends are pretty dang cool as well & I'm starting to get more comfortable around them. Also I'm starting to realize that just b/c I don't see all of my "old friends" as often as I would like that they're still there ... it just takes more work now to keep in touch. Thank you all (old friends, and new friends) just for loving me & putting up w/ me during my ups & downs. I appreciate you all more then you will ever know. :)

3 comments:

Alex Tran said...

question. is the level of poofiness of your hair still directly proportional to the amount of stress in your life? ;)

also, i don't know if clint has mentioned anything, but rosas, curtiss and i are looking to visit seattle sometime in august (tentative).

so i hope to see all of you guys again soon . . .

Elizabeth said...

hehe ... I haven't heard that phrase in awhile! :P It is still somewhat but I'm growing my hair out so I pull it up some now (I can barely get a ponytail). I can't wait to see you guys! By Rosas I'm assuming you mean both the Rosases? Or just David?

Alex Tran said...

nada. just david. lindsay will be out of town for training. that's why he was trying to organize an excursion in august.